CuriousLittleLena

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

English Sonnets



Of Horse and Rider

Riding my horse everyday is pure joy
He runs like wind, his mane blowing in breeze
I love him so much, he is a good boy
Riding my horse everyday puts me at ease

For such a big animal, I must say
He is quite a baby, seeing water
Trying to step around, to get to hay
He won’t step in it, like I’m his daughter

My horse wants to protect me, not get wet
If he gets soaked and I wet, we get ready
For a long grooming session, longest yet
Brushing from head to tail, he stands so steady

My horse is my truest, most loyal friend
I will love and care for him to the end

The Perfect Run

My perfect cutting run is rare for sure
Everything must fall into place on time
My horse must walk in calmly and demure
He must not scatter cows while crossing line

Strength and courage judges will always look for
My horse must carefully cut one cow out
From herd that stays together at gate door
My horse and I must work cow among shouts


From mom, dad, grandy, pa and friends who see
That cutting is never an easy sport
Horse will lock onto cow who will try to flee
But horse is of a very stubborn sort

Cow will challenge both horse and me
Cow gives up and it is perfect to see

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home